Inventory update during COVID-19
October 17, 2020
First, sending hugs and love and precious kid-free moments to you all. What a crazy time!!
In the spirit of transparency, I wanted to share an update on our inventory as a lot has changed with our plans. Like many small businesses, the current situation with COVID-19 has impacted our operations, and we've had to make a few adjustments.
1. Our cut & sew factory is based locally in San Francisco. Due to the Shelter in Place order, they have been closed since mid-March. That means that we are quickly selling out of our current designs. If you wanted a play mat sooner rather than later, now is the time.
2. We are still shipping current orders safely. Our fulfillment team works one person at a time, and follows all health and safety precautions. We are lucky to continue our shipping operations to deliver you play mats!
3. We are restocking our standard size play mats in some old designs, but this has been even more delayed since SIP has been extended through June. Once our local factory reopens, these will restock (likely mid to end of June). Patterns coming back:
4. We are having a sample sale! As we get lower on inventory, I'll be listing a sample sale including some imperfect play mats we have in stock. The assortment is varied, and everything will be discounted by $50. Sign up for the newsletter for updates (scheduled for May 11th, and 11am PST)!
5. We are launching 14 new designs this summer! This launch has been nearly a year in the making, and will be the first time we have play mats in exclusive Toki Mats designs. All new prints will be available in both the standard size (40"x40") and mega size play mats (55"x55") PLUS a new secret product to match... Because of COVID, we can't commit to a launch date as it keeps getting postponed. However, we will likely open preorders in June and start shipping in July. We will also sell these as covers for anyone who already has a play mat (with free shipping)! New design will include some neutrals (think more mudcloth) and prints (rainbows! leaves! moons!). I'm SO excited.
If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com and we'll help you out! Thank you so much for the support <3
Hope you're staying safe, healthy, and sane,